Monday 21 March 2016

More things to do in the remainder of my time off

I had made a post recently about things I could do in the remainder of my gap year since I didn't want to completely waste it. I feel that it's more important that I focus on things like work experience, jobs, volunteering etc. (i.e. things that will boost my CV), so I explored all those options in that post. However, there are, of course, activities I can take up in this time that will still be enriching, even if they don't necessarily improve my employability, so I've decided to make a post about some of these activities.

  • Draw/paint/come up with designs and stuff just for fun. I've bought myself a proper sketch book in order to do this, so it would be nice to fill this up.
  • Read lots
  • Keep writing and blogging, and try and do this as regularly as possible
  • Learn something new, like an instrument or a language (this would be really cool, especially the language one, but I don't really know how to go about learning it without paying someone to teach me or buying a bunch of books. Also I'd have to buy the instrument as well if I wanted to learn it, unless I just stuck to guitar)
  • Teach myself to cook (or learn from mum)
  • Improve driving
  • Focus on losing weight/getting healthy
  • Help around the house (which I actually don't mind doing too much)
  • Get myself prepared for university again
  • Find ways of improving my self confidence/self esteem
  • Look into making friends online 
  • Find my own style and learn to do my make up better
  • Take weekly trips into the town centre
That's all I can think of doing for now. I'll update this as and when I think  of things (if I do).

No comments:

Post a Comment